Free Mail Server
Warning: Discontinued project
This project was started because of the SPAM problem. In my work we were being used as relay by spammers and our server could not block this behaviour. I started this server as a quick-fix for the problem but then it growed to a full blown mail server.
Some time after that the project was not needed anymore and i also lost part of the source code in a hard disk crash, so the project is now cancelled.
However i make available the existing source code (in Borland Delphi) so others can benefit. The license states that you can analyze the code and use only parts of it, but you can’t complete it. So you will have to make your own program.
- SMTP/POP3 server
- SMTP extensions (RFC-1869) supported: 521-code (RFC-1846), SIZE (RFC-1870)
- Web administration (not yet complete)
- Accounts database (Paradox format)
- Account disabling
- Multiple address accounts (aliases)
- Delivery to POP3 account and/or Program
- Mail redirection to multiple recipients
- Account quotas
- Multiple domains support
- Can block mail relaying
- Can block by origin IP address
- Can warn Postmaster for messages with a large number of recipients
- Can limit message size
- Message filters by From, Recipient, Message Headers and Message Body.
- Domain redirection
- Editable server messages (delivery errors, etc).
These are some things i wanted to be supported but they won’t anymore:
- Filtering rules by individual account
- EHLO support for server’s SMTP client (that is, forwarding EHLO support)
- Finger server
- Work as an NT service
- Can obtain messages from other POP3 servers at intervals
- SMTP extensions:
- PIPELINING (RFC-1854)
- 8BITMIME (RFC-1652)
- Delivery-Status-Notification (RFC-1891-1894)
- XREMOTEQUEUE (?)
- Extended error codes (RFC-2034)
- CHECKPOINT (RFC-1845)
- ETRN (RFC-1985)
- IMAP4 support (RFC-2060)
- LDAP support (RFC-1777)
- Anti-MailBombing protection
- Access restrictions to POP3 account
- Recipient rewriting rules
- Auto-reply messages
- Distributed message store
- Distributed servers sharing the same database
This software comes without any guarantee of any kind. I do not take any responsibility for any damage, loss of income, or any other problems you might experience from using this software. You might not charge anything for the distribution of this software, but the costs of media, shipping, etc.
Regarding the source code: You can: Study, analyze and copy portions of it to your own program. You can’t: Complete, compile and distribute it.